Re: Bug in both update manager and in apt-get

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:44:39 -0300, pierpaolo pilla wrote:

> Many thanks Camaleon.
>
> Very much likely it's me, I'm a newbie ;-) This is not transient as I've
> been trying daily for the past few days. Also, apt-get install works
> with some application, but doesn't with others.
> I am on a temporary accommodation at the moment, with wireless only
> access to internet.  As you said, it could be them.

Can you try to use a different Internet connection?

That is, if you have a secondary router attached to another ISP, or a
dial-up modem or have the chance to get through another network facility
(e.g., a wifi AP), try it. My guess is that there is some sort of proxy-
cache between your computer and the Internet coming from your ISP.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón