Re: Free movies on the Internet -- download scams

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Sian Mountbatten
<poenikatu@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> It occurred to me that there might be free movies to download. So I did a
> web search with Google and got lots of sites; but there's a catch! You have
> to register (for free). So I give my email address and a password and
> discover that that email address is already used. Well, nobody else has that
> email address, so I must have forgotten that I had logged in. So I click on
> <Lost Password>, key in my email address and told that my account has been
> activated and that I should contact a support site. But that needs my email
> address and password. And so it goes on. And when I get to a site that
> doesn't go through all that rigmarole, I have to download an .exe file
> which, of course, won't run on Linux. So it appears that Linux users cannot
> download free movies.

So if I understand this correctly, you've been plugging your email
address and passwords into phishing sites, and then downloading their
"freely available" Windows-based keylogger ... and you want to know
... what, exactly?  How to get a phishing site that's harvesting email
passwords and offering malware to actually cough up a free movie?

What am I missing here?

--
Chris