Re: [OT] munin

Brad Alexander wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why these 5 nodes will not connect to the server
> and refuses connections to localhost and ::1?

For what it is worth I have exactly the same problem on Sid.  Works
okay on Squeeze.  Broken on Sid.  Sid the munin-node doesn't bind to
an IPv4 accessible address.

This used to work fine in Sid up through around the end of September
2011 but then was broken by some upgrade.  I note that it was broken
then but forgot to go back and look as to why or what broke it.  Your
note here reminds me of this and tells me that I should go look to see
why.  All of my production systems run Stable and so hasn't been on my
radar.  Out of sight and out of mind.  But definitely needs to be
investigated and resolved before Wheezy releases.  (That should put
this clearly on-topic for debian-user. <smile>)

Check the version of munin-node and dependencies of it on all of your
systems and you will find it correlated to one of the versions.

Bob