Re: How do I suppress dpms mode setting messages on text console?

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 12:16:09 -0500, Stephen Powell wrote:

> I am using Debian wheezy i386 with an Nvidia video card and the default
> nouveau driver.  Everytime I switch back and forth between the X console
> (tty7) and a text console (such as tty1), tty1 gets spammed with
> messages like this:
>
> [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: Setting dpms mode 3 on vga encoder (output> 0)
> [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: Setting dpms mode 0 on vga encoder (output 0)
> [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: Output VGA-1 is running on CRTC 0 using output A

(...)

> I tried searching the internet, but I didn't find anything useful.  Is
> there a way to suppress these messages without suppressing true error
> messages? Maybe there's a module option that I can set in
> /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf, or something along those lines?  Any help
> will be appreciated.

A similar concern was raised on this thread of Gentoo forums:

nouveau drm mode switch messages
http://forums-web1.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-863335-start-0.html

Maybe you can find something of interest there :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón