RUTE (was Re: wireless is disabled)

[Please, trim your posts!]

http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/rute.pdf.bz2

> I started the downloaded html RUTE by launching $ iceweasel rute.html

Why not use wget?
e.g. wget "http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/rute.pdf.bz2";

or

wget "http://rute.2038bug.com/rute.html.tar.bz2";

> Just installed. not so sure how to use it
>
> doc-linux-html - Linux HOWTOs and FAQs in HTML format
> doc-linux-nonfree-html - Linux HOWTOs in HTML format (non-free)
> doc-linux-nonfree-text - Linux HOWTOs in ASCII format (non-free)

To see what files a package installs:

dpkg -L doc-linux-nonfree-html

Also *always* read the README.Debian etc files under:
/usr/share/doc/<package>

   -- Napoleon Bonaparte