Re: Restrict a user to a set of binaries?

Bijoy Lobo <bijoy.lobo@paladion.net> wrote:
> Is there a way where i can only assign a few binaries to  user like,
> "su -" "ls" ? I do not want him to access anything else from /bin
> or /usr/local/bin

This is hard to do well, and I haven't yet seen any suggestions responding
to your post that can't be circumvented trivially.

What puzzles me is that if you given someone the ability to run "su -",
you've given them the root password. And if you've done that you've
lifted any restrictions you're trying to impose. What might be better
is to explain what you're trying to achieve, because we may be able to
suggest better (more secure) ways of doing it.

Chris