Re: Restrict a user to a set of binaries?

2012/3/2 Bijoy Lobo <bijoy.lobo@paladion.net>
Hello Everyone,

Is there a way where i can only assign a few binaries to  user like, "su -" "ls" ? I do not want him to access anything else from /bin or /usr/local/bin

You can remove /bin/ and/or /usr/local/bin from his PATH by changing its /home/user/.profile

BTW "su" command is in /bin/ so I suppose you would prefer the sudoers file way.

-r

--
L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una, resta affidata all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita in progetti, alla protesta violenta e viscerale.