eGalax SAW touchscreen in Wheezy

Im trying to use an EETI/eGalax SAW touch controller which I think it model TITAN 6001 ( http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eg/TITAN6001.html)

It works eratically with the 3.1 kernel in Wheezy  (pointer jumps around constantly) and not at all with the new 3.2 kernel.

Ive done some Googling and all I can find is this

http://credentiality2.blogspot.com/2011/03/xenarc-702tsv-on-lucid-with-evtouch.html

which although not directly related it does seem to suggest that its possible to tweak the configuration to solve the problem.

I dont know a lot about SAW screens and am wondering if it might be picking up interference from something

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this sort of thing and how I might get it to work?

Thanks
Andrew