Re: [OT] Re: Accented Characters - How to type from standard keyboard?

On 2012-01-29, Michael Lange <klappnase@freenet.de> wrote:

> Now, as far as I could see, the question was "Accented Characters - How
> to type from standard keyboard?" , so what's wrong with trying to answer
> what appears to be a perfectly legal question ?

Well, that's what the subject says (I never rely on those too much)
but right off the bat in the body of the message (where the
real semantic meat and potatoes of an article reside), it says:

 "Ripit created a directory name which starts with an accented character.
 I want to rename the directory"

> BTW, your own suggestion has already been mentioned before, so it seems

Before what?  Before the camel got over here with all the messages on its
back in a leather pouch, after crossing the desert, and I opened the
pouch and started reading them one by one?