Re: linux-source-3.2.0-rc7

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 01:32:32 -0500 (EST), lina wrote:
> On Friday 06,January,2012 10:42 AM, Stephen Powell wrote:
>>
>> I'm also curious as to why you need, or think you need, to build a custom
>> kernel in the first place.
>
> The wireless is not supported, bcm4331.
> so ...

If the issue is that your current stock kernel does not support your wireless
chips, but a 3.2.0 kernel does, you can obtain binary stock kernel images from
"experimental" that may meet your needs without having to build a custom
kernel from source.  For example,

  linux-image-3.2.0-rc7-686-pae

    or

  linux-image-3.2.0-rc7-amd64

depending on whether you want a 32-bit or 64-bit kernel.
You shouldn't need a headers package unless you need to install
an out-of-kernel-source-tree kernel module image from source with
module-assistant or dkms.  If you do need a headers package, the
corresponding headers packages to the above two kernels are

  linux-headers-3.2.0-rc7-686-pae

    or

  linux-headers-3.2.0-rc7-all-amd64

respectively.