Re: Removing debian from hdd

Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2012 schrieb Charles Kroeger:
> On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 19:10:02 +0100
>
> Guido Martínez <mtzguido@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently borrowed a hard drive and installed debian on it,
> > alongside windows. I used it for a couple of weeks.
> >
> > Later, I tried to remove debian by deleting the partitions I had
> > installed it on, but that caused grub to fail horribly, and I had to
> > reinstall debian. How can I remove debian? Can I make grub ignore
> > that partition and then delete it?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> call windows tech support

I find your comment misplaced. Guido wrote that he has borrowed the disk.
And I bet he just wants to restore it to the state it has been before.

And a question on how to remove Debian linux from HDD completely seems on
topic for me as well. Completely includes GRUB and since that to my
knowlegde can also be done from within Debian I answered Guido what I
know.

Thanks,