Re: WLAN Access Point with Intel 4965 network controller

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 00:32:02 +0000 (UTC)
Ramon Hofer <ramonhofer@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm using Squeeze with 2.6.32-5-686 and I'm trying to configure my
> Thinkpad X61s to act as WLAN Access Point. It has an Intel 4965 chipset:
>
> # lspci
> 03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN
> [Kedron] Network Connection (rev 61)

> Maybe the controller can't be used in master mode? Here's the output of
> # iw phy phy0 info
> http://pastebin.com/LCbYFghh
>
> It says on lines 20ff:
> 	Supported interface modes:
> 		 * IBSS
> 		 * managed
> 		 * monitor
>
> As far as I understand this is a problem as there should also be master
> listed?

According to Wikipedia, the iwlwifi drivers indeed do not support master mode:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open-source_wireless_drivers#Driver_capabilities

:( My T61 also has that card ...

Celejar <celejar@gmail.com>