Re: take screen shot error

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 07:30:30PM +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 11:11:48 +0800, lina wrote:
>
> > actually I have started to enjoy using scrot.
>

> Here is the script which I have bound to my 'PrtSc' key:

> #!/bin/bash
>
> TIME=`date +%Y-%m-%d-%T`
> FILE=$HOME/Pictures/Screenshot_$TIME.png
> scrot -s -b $FILE
> canberra-gtk-play --id=screen-capture
> gpicview $FILE

That's very similar to the script I shared.
I preview the file in gthumb, but mostly because it will allow some
minor editing (cropping, resizing), if needed/desired, before I scp up
to my server or something.
(for those who like, ristretto is another decent viewer, but like
gpicview, also offers only a preview, and no editing).

> You'll need to substitute your png viewer for gpicview, and alter the
> canberra-gtk-play line depending on whether you have it (and/or the sound
> clip) installed.

That's fun.
My script doesn't beep or anything.
I should implement that, just for kicks.

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me
All Tony, all the time!