Re: Solving a GTK theme problem

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:24:15 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 16:59:15 +0100, Andreas Rönnquist wrote:
> > Every time I start a GTK-program in the terminal which uses icons,
> > I get this:
> >
> > (program:line): Gtk-WARNING **: Error parsing gtk-icon-sizes string:
> > 	'16'
> (...)
>
> At least in GNOME there's a global "gtkrc" file which defines every
> GTK theme installed but rather that tweaking it directly I would
> first try to use a different icon theme.
>
> Also, I would try to run the app from another user.

Thank you Camaleón, I've got it solved! The problem didn't affect
the looks of any application (using icons or not), the only effect
of it was the output to the terminal. Your hint to try running as
another user made me find that it was for my main user only, and I
could simply limit my searches to my home folder -

Having already searched through .gtkrc-2.0, my .themes and similar
places for GtkIconSizes and gtk-icon-sizes I now found

  ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xsettings.xml

which contained amongst other things

<property name="Gtk" type="empty">
  <property name="IconSizes" type="string" value="16"/>
</property>

- removing the line containing the IconSizes property name removed the
ugly output in the terminal.

Thank you for giving me the hints solving this!

best regards
/Andreas