Re (3): incrontab usage

From:	Richard Hector <richard@walnut.gen.nz>
Date:	Wed, 04 Jan 2012 14:17:32 +1300
> I think you'll find that the command string is parsed directly by
> incrond, not by a shell, so you don't get redirection. Try putting the
> whole command in a shell script, and calling that.

Yes that works; thanks.

Also worth noting is that the fresh copy of the script must be
closed before it can be executed.  Therefore the <mask> must be
IN_CLOSE_WRITE rather than IN_MODIFY.  The distinction
is mentioned in the FAQ at http://inotify.aiken.cz/ .

I'm wondering whether the little wrapper script can be
eliminated.  Is there a command which "redirects" stdout
to a specified file until the current script exits?  If
such a command is the first command in the script and an
analogue for stderr is the second command, then the wrapper
is not needed.

Thanks,            ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 639 0202.  Former telephone 1 360 450 2132.
bcc: peasthope ... shaw.ca