Re: problematic poweroff on shutdown

Curt wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Just two months ago I had this exact same problem with a brand new
> > Intel motherboard.  Searching the motherboard site for BIOS upgrades I
> > found that there was one available and in my case the changelog for it
> > listed reboot problems as one of the fixes.  I upgraded the BIOS and
> > my problem was resolved.
>
> Reboot problems? I don't have any of those; sometimes when shutting down
> the machine it will not power off.

Power-off hang.  Reboot hang.  Neither worked.  They are the same
thing.  Both actions could not control the power supply from software.
It just hung.  Required a finger on the physical power button.  Wasn't
that what you said your problem was too?  If not then sorry for the
noise.  I thought it was the same problem.

Bob