Re: Mainboard for Debian stable

On 2012-01-01, Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> wrote:

>> The network driver does not work correctly in debian squeeze (frequent
>> periodic lost connections requiring restarting the network).
>
> Hmm, that does not sound nice. Was it with exactly the Realtek chip I've
> asked for?  Is there a Debian bug about it?  Was it on one machine, or
> did you see it on more machines?

It ain't nice at all. I've seen the quirky behavior on the only machine I'm familiar
with--my own.

curty@einstein:~$ lspci -v | grep -i ethernet
06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI
Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 06)

curty@einstein:~$ uname -a
Linux einstein 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Thu Nov 3 03:41:26 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

If I understand Andrei's (?) post correctly, the driver may be fixed in
a more recent kernel (2.6.32-6?).