Re: sbin

On Monday 02,January,2012 12:50 AM, Joao Ferreira Gmail wrote:
On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 00:42 +0800, lina wrote:
Hi,

Is it safe to add /sbin into PATH?
there should be no problem, but a regular (non-root) user will not be
able to do much with it because most of those executables will at some
point require root privilege (at least that is my guess)

Why the default path not include /sbin,
On my system (Debian wheezy) I have it on root's PATH but not on regular
user's PATH:

root@wheejy:~# echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

jmf@wheejy:~$ echo $PATH
/home/jmf/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games

tipically those commands are not used (not supposed to be used) by
regular users.

But I guess it won't hurt to add it to the PATH
Thanks, I just checked, it's included in root PATH, not in user path.
They really think so much to build a system.
Joao

Thanks with best regards,