Re: mcedit copy to cooledit.clip

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 09:55:33 -0600, hvw59601 wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>>> Right. F3/F5 still select/copy within the file, but ctrl-ins does not
>>> copy to cooledit.clip, it does nothing.
>>
>> That's what I've been using since always, I didn't know about another
>> key combos for copy/paste/delete until I read your message :-)
>>

> <snip>
>
> Then you only copied/pasted within files? Because with ctrl-ins you can
> copy/paste between files because it copies to cooledit.clip.

Yup, in fact the usual operations I do are done in the same open file
(mcedit is my Mutt's default editor) :-)

> And here's something funny: I just did a test install of the latest mc:
> 4.8.1 and ctrl-ins does not work with that either. I still am using mc
> 4.6.2 because I have difficulty with the colors of the later release.

Wow :-O

I also found this similar issue:

[Shift + Ins] didn't paste from cooledit.clip
https://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/2358

Although the user reports that he can at least copy the text to
"cooledit.clip" file, what seems to fail is the paste operation. Weird.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón