Re: Boot failure between grub and kernel?

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 14:09:30 +0100, Steven wrote:

> First of all Happy New Year.

Same to you :-)

> I'm running Debian Wheezy and the past month I have this strange problem
> when doing a cold boot. The system hangs right after the GRUB2 selection
> menu, before any md raid arrays have been started. After the GRUB2
> selection menu the screen only displays "Loading, please wait..." and
> hangs indefinitely.

(...)

Enter into GRUBs console and try to manually load your system from there.

The system may still fail to boot but at least you will see more
information on why it is failing (root partition not found, etc...).

Finally, you can also try to boot from SGD2.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón