Re: hanging up during debian install??

On Wednesday 19 December 2012 21:13:42 salamandir wrote:
> i put the squeeze 2 live disk in to the CD drive on my computer and
> rebooted.
>
> it booted into debian, and i clicked on the "Debian Installer" icon i saw
> on the desktop.
[snip]
> please tell me where i went wrong and how i can get beyond this.

Everyone else probably understands, but I'm afraid that I don't. :-(

What is "Squeeze '2'" (live or otherwise)?  What does the "2" mean?  Squeeze
is Debian 6, currently 6.0.6 on my box.  Though I have been preventing some
upgrades because they wanted to remove Iceweasel.

You are thinking too much in Kubuntu speak.  Try using an install CD or DVD if
you want to install.  I always use the net-install CD for Debian.  (Including
Squeeze.)

Is it perhaps faulty?  (Faulty DVD or CD, corrupted file etc.)

Did you run a check on the CD?  I still use MD5sum, but I have to point out
that it is deprecated now.  The world has moved on.  I think that everyone
else now uses SHA-2 or even SHA-3.

HTH
Lisi