Re: wheezy freeze

On Monday 17 December 2012 11:03:31 Hans Vogelsberger wrote:
> By now, freeze is dull, boring, irksome and tediously deadening.

I don't understand the problem.  If you want to use Wheezy and don't mind if
it is a little buggy, then you can go right ahead and use it.  There is
nothing stopping you.

One of the reasons some (most?) of us like Debian is that Stable is stable.
So Wheezy needs to stay frozen until all release-critical bugs are fixed.

But another reason is that we can use whichever version we choose, whatever
the powers that be choose to call it.  Many on the list are running Wheezy
already on their desktops, and have been for some time.

And if in the end you don't like the Debian philosophy, you don't have to use
Debian.  Ubuntu, for example releases a new and up-to-date version every six
months.  In broad terms it is based on Debian Sid.  Perhaps that - or one of
the many other distros - would suit you better.

Lisi