Re: [OT] tips for spending the pdflatex

From:  http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~kuhl/software/makelatex/

Multi-threaded: If multiple PDFs are being built from multiple tex files
and the --threads parameter is provided, makelatex will build all of
them in parallel.

The key is having multiple tex input files.  And this doesn't guarantee
linear scaling across cores.  Scaling will depend on the length and
processing complexity of the individual input files.

--
Stan