Re: who scrubbed the array?

Hello Dexter,

please don’t CC me as I am subscribed to the list (unless you want
your mails to end up in /dev/null). It’d also be helpful if you
refrained from top-posting and learnt how to quote properly.

Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore@gmx.de> wrote:
> Yes, indeed, that's what triggered it. I checked as root on crontab -l and
> that did not show anything.

"crontab -l" only gives the content of root’s crontab (usually located
with the other user-specific crontabs in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/).

However, cron also runs the commands specified in /etc/crontab as well
as those in the directories /etc/cron.d, /etc/cron.daily,
/etc/cron.weekly and /etc/cron.monthly (with the obvious meaning).

crontab -(l|e) is really only meant for user-specific stuff, whereas
system administration should be configured in /etc/crontab and the
various directories.

Best,

Claudius