Re: about xfce and window managers

On Sun, 2012-11-25 at 19:16 +0200, Klearchos-Angelos Gkountras wrote:
> I am currently using debian sid with xfce 4.8 .
> I want to make tiling the windows like awesome or kinda like that .
>
> Ok , when will xfce4.10 will be on sid or which repo about xfce 4.10
> might I can use ? IMHO experimental xfce 4.10 is buggy . I can help
> to fix that I guess.
>
> When I tried to working on awesome or fluxbox I havent connect to
> gnome network manager  and I got error about privilengts .

Respect :)

Xfce 4.10 seems to be an issue on all Linux distros. I don't think that
it's Xfce only, but indirectly has to do with GNOME, systemd
compatibility, dependencies, dbus etc.. I'm also missing backwards
compatibility for current Linux applications. If app X isn't good switch
to app Y and drop all your old data.

I started with KDE3, when it was dropped I switched to GNOME2, when this
was dropped, I switched to Xfce and now Xfce became unusable for my
needs too.

On another list I wrote, that nowadays startup only takes 3 seconds, but
to open an email does take 30 seconds. Ok, ok, startup still takes a
little bit longer and to open an email is still a little bit faster, but
it does describes a little bit what happens on my machine.

YMMV,
Ralf