Re: screensaver recommendation

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 11:42:33AM +0800, lina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to have a screensaver.
>
> Thanks ahead for recommendation.
>

> Below are some background info.:
>
> lightdm						install
> lightdm-gtk-greeter				install
> xfce4						install
> xfce4-panel					install
> xfce4-session					install
> xfce4-settings					install
>
> xscreensaver doesn't work for me cause it won't recognize the password
> due to I use the dovrak layout. To me, seems the reboot is the only resort.

You may be pleased to hear that this has been reported as bugs #644534
and #683257.

In future, you may try switching to a virtual console and running
"xscreensaver-command -display :0 -exit" (though you may need to fiddle
with xset permissions, YMMV). Alternatively, just restarting lightdm
should work, too.