Re: wheezy amd64: google-earth black screen

Am Freitag, 16. November 2012 schrieb Hugo Vanwoerkom:
> Hi,
>

> I installed google-earth, but on starting it all I get is a black screen.
> Googling this you get 100's of hits, referring to things that I have
> installed.
> Relevant to this I have installed:
>
> nvidia-glx
> nvidia-glx-ia32
> libgl1-nvidia-glx
> nvidia-kernel-3.2.0-4-amd64
> nvidia-kernel-common
>
> with all their dependencies. Yet something is obviously missing :-(
> any hints as to what it might be?
> Running wheezy amd64 and this seems to be X's only problem...
>
> Hugo

You must install nvidia-glx from the i386-repöository. Look in the wiki or
howtos at "multiarch". You have to set up a multiarch environment.

On the other hand you can do as I did (I am lazy). I removed all nvidia-
packages and installed the nvidia-drivers from the nvidia site.

Pay attention, to build the 32-bit part, too.

Good luck!

Hans