Re: libdb4.8dev and qt3-dev-tools in wheezy beta 3

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
On 2012-11-15 20:10 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:13:34 +0530
> L V Gandhi <lvglist@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am not finding libdb4.8dev and qt3-dev-tools in wheezy install beta
>> 3. How to get them?
>
> They switched to http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/qt4-dev-tools
> and http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/libdb-dev.
>
> Hth,
> Ralf
>
> Perhaps I'm mistaken, for Sid those packages are still available.

They aren't, except on some outdated unofficial architectures.

> Does Wheezy use Qt3 too?

No, Qt3 has been removed.  It's been dead upstream for several years,
and nobody has the skills and motivation to maintain it in Debian.

Cheers,
       Sven

[🔎] 87boeyej8x.fsf@turtle.gmx.de" target="_blank">
Is there any possibilty to get libdb4.8-dev and qt3-dev-tools in wheezy  with out breaking it? I need them for compiling some old package which I need.
If possible how to go about it?
L V Gandhi