Re: Wheezy-beta3 kde install.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Wheezy-beta3 kde install.
- From: Ralf Mardorf <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 08:43:07 +0100
- Message-id: <1352878987.2103.16.camel@precise>
- In-reply-to: <CAFgxNzazNeY7z8ij2smTXJ1bPHKb5=U7WRiV3nHwt-Oz48e_Ag@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAFgxNzazNeY7z8ij2smTXJ1bPHKb5=U7WRiV3nHwt-Oz48e_Ag@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 10:04 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:
> I downloaded wheezy beta3 kde cd and installed. But i got gnome
> desktop. How to install KDE and remove gnome safely.
Simply install KDE with Synaptic, apt-get or what ever you like and then
simply remove GNOME. "Simply" removing GNOME won't cause
inconsistencies, but maybe you have to remove a lot of packages
manually, since removing meta-packages won't remove network-manager,
evolution, gcalctool etc., so you better don't install GNOME in the
I agree that we shouldn't install GNOME to a Linux anymore. Upstream
forces hard dependencies to PA and systemd, big intransparent buggy
blobs. I bet Debian soon or later will switch to systemd too. Current
Evolution 3.6 can't share Emails with e.g. Evolution 3.2.3, GNOME
nowadays is crap. A long time ago I switched to Xfce4, unfortunately I
can't use it's maildir with other maildir compatible MUAs.