Is there a howto for dual boot of Windows 7 and debian?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Is there a howto for dual boot of Windows 7 and debian?
- From: Charles Blair <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 23:56:56 -0600
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org.>
I have just tried to use the netinst installer for wheezy
beta 3 to create a dual boot of debian and windows 7.
The problem arises at the partitioning stage. The
installer begins by showing me windows 7 using 3 primary
partitions, one of which is bootable. I resized (this
worked) to get free space. However, I do not see how
to get a bootable /, swap, and the recommended /home etc
using the 1 primary partition I am allowed to create.
I would have thought a lot of other users must have
encountered this problem, and that there would be something
in the installer instructions or a howto about it.
Please let me know if I have overlooked something.