Re: trouble getting apt-pinning to work

Further troubleshooting info:

I ran apt-get policy and it appears my preferences aren't getting
picked up. Does anyone know why this might happen, or what can be done
to force the preferences file to reload?

apt-cache policy
Package files:
 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     release a=now
 500 http://ftp-mirror.internap.com/pub/debian/ wheezy/contrib amd64 Packages
     release o=Debian,a=testing,n=wheezy,l=Debian,c=contrib
     origin ftp-mirror.internap.com
 500 http://ftp-mirror.internap.com/pub/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
     release o=Debian,a=testing,n=wheezy,l=Debian,c=main
     origin ftp-mirror.internap.com
 500 http://ftp-mirror.internap.com/pub/debian/ squeeze/contrib amd64 Packages
     release v=6.0.6,o=Debian,a=stable,n=squeeze,l=Debian,c=contrib
     origin ftp-mirror.internap.com
 500 http://ftp-mirror.internap.com/pub/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages
     release v=6.0.6,o=Debian,a=stable,n=squeeze,l=Debian,c=main
     origin ftp-mirror.internap.com
Pinned packages: