Swap used after resume (was: Selecting hibernation disk.)

* On 08.11. Hugo Vanwoerkom muttered:

> Erwan David wrote:

>> I'd like to use the HD for swap, not wearing out the SSD), but I'd
>> like to use the SSD for hibernation (for a faster restart).

> I used my SSD for hibernation. Big surprise: it made no difference at
> all!

So you can also have 2 swap partitions (e.g. on the same HD), one as
the normal swap-device and the other for hibernation?

Right now I have 1 swap partition. My problem is that after
resume the swap is awfully full. It uses about 1/3 of the mem used,
shown by 'free' before hibernation. Although no swap is used before
hibernation at all.

So everything I do directly after resume takes much paging effort on
the HD.

As a workaround I've put 'swapoff -a; swapon -a' in my hibernation
script after resume, but that's not a real solution.

Why is my swap used after resume and how can I get rid of it?

Thanks
Til