Re: Catastrophe on Bootup

From:  http://www.debian.org/releases/sid/

"sid" is subject to massive changes and in-place library updates. This
can result in a very "unstable" system...  Use it at your own risk!

SID is a developers release.  It exists so devs can find and fix bugs
before code goes into TESTING.  It is NOT meant for daily use, and not
expected to be usable in a production environment.

It is expected that anyone running SID is able to fix pretty much
anything that breaks, submitting patches back to UNSTABLE.

David, you've been around the block a few times, and you're not a
developer.  You should know better than to run SID and ask here for help
when the system blows up.

If TESTING/Backports doesn't get you close enough to the bleeding edge,
then perhaps you should choose another distro.

--
Stan