Problem with system update or something

Hello.

I am running (or, now, kind of running) Debian 6.0.x AMD64 version.

I have done a system update in the last day or so, and, possibly because of that, the system has become mostly unusable.

Upon shutting down konqueror, all of the saved bookmarks were deleted.

With rebooting, rebooting has been consuming about 200MB of disk space on each reboot, leaving me now with somewhere around 2-6MB of free disk space (it changes on each reboot), and, for some strange reason, trying to run a web browser (not saving anything to disk, just trying to run a web browser) writes stuff to the disk, or, otherwise uses up free disk space, so that it runs out of free disk space and crashes the system.

Now, with an AMD64 system, with 8GB of RAM, and tens of GB of disk capacity (in the home partition), all that it is usable for, is running alpine.

What is happening, that Debian, after the update, is wrecking the system?

It is as if Debian 6 has assumed the nature of the "experimental" version of Debian - tending to break the system.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."