Re: xrandr dual-screen question

Hi,

2012/10/16 Roman V.Leon. <roman-vl@meta.ua>
Hello all.
I use dual monitor configuration on my notebook. One screen is notebook's screen and second screen is just an external monitor with different resolution, which connected to notebook via VGA cable. All settings were made with help of "xrand" util, I use the following script when the desktop is loading:
---------------
xrandr --output LVDS --pos 1920x312 --mode 1366x768
xrandr --output VGA-0 --pos 0x0 --mode 1920x1080
xrandr --output LVDS --primary

The problem is all applications which use full-screen mode, are working across first and second monitor, but i would like that they go to full-screen only on one monitor. Please advise how I could do it? Thanks in advance.
I'm using this script, with my external monitor on the left of my laptop :

xrandr --output VGA1 --auto --rotate normal --primary
xrandr --output LVDS1 --auto --right-of VGA1

And as I sometimes rotate my monitor to watch documents in portrait layout, I use this one :

xrandr --output VGA1 --auto --rotate left

And when I'm done, I use again the first script ;)

You can try grandr/arandr while in an X session, I don't remember if it displays the xrandr commands when launched from a console.

Sebastien