Re: Advice on system purchase

On Du, 28 oct 12, 22:09:01, Mark Allums wrote:

> Ah, I misunderstood your requirements quite a bit.  i3 is adequate
> for media center work.  Some Atoms are fine for decoding 1080p, but
> it's better to rely on dedicated hardware.

Do you know for sure (i.e. first hand experience) they can do it?
Hardware decoding needs proper software support as well and I'm not fond
of compiling VCS snapshots to get it. If the hardware decoding works,
fine, but I wouldn't rely on it... yet.

I'll have to look for an Atom that can match my Dual Core.

Kind regards,
Andrei