Re: compiling a Debian package

John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> writes:

> lee writes:
>> is it a bug that should be reported when a source package doesn't
>> compile?
>
> Yes.
>
>> And how come that there is a binary package though it cannot be
>> compiled?
>
> It compiled on the developer's machine and on the buildds.  Most likely
> one or more of the dependencies is not sufficiently strict.
>
> I assume you mean "cd dvbcut-0.5.4+svn178".  The build fails here as
> well.  File a FTBS bug.

Thank you for trying!  Yes, I have the same version here.  I've sent a
bug report, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=691682

Do you have packages from dmo installed?  It seems as if that may cause
the problem.

Since I only wanted to see if compiling it with "-march=native" makes a
difference, it doesn't really matter.  If I could compile cinelerra or
had an alternative for that, I could remove the dmo packages again ...

--
Debian testing iad96 brokenarch