Re: Repair a remote PC

On 27/10/12 05:15 PM, Kent West wrote:
On 10/27/12 3:41 PM, Alex Padoly wrote:
Hi,

How I can do to repair a remote PC, I would like to install a software
and I would like to move some directory or some files.
Remote PC have LINUX or Windows XP, the Server have Debian ''Squeeze"
If I understand, you're sitting at a Debian box, and want to
remote-control a remote Linux box and/or a remote XP box.

To remote to the Linux box, ssh will probably do what you want: ssh -Y
alex@remotelinuxbox.remotedomain.remotetld

To remote to the XP box, you can try rdesktop: rdesktop
remoteXPbox-ipaddress

Everything has to be setup to work with these tools, but that's the
general route you want to go, probably.

I use ssh to connect to the remote server with local port forwarding (e.g. ssh remoteserver -L 5902:<local IP>:5900) to use TightVNC to attach to the remote Windows desktops.

Enabling boot on LAN on the remote PCs also allows you to turn them on.