Re: Login music in console

* On 2012 27 Oct 08:36 -0500, Dr Beco wrote:
> Dear linuxers,
> What little program would you recommend to simple play a music like
> /usr/share/sounds/KDE-Sys-Log-In-Short.ogg
> Is there a small console player fit to this simple task?

ogg123, perhaps?

> Should I put it on ~/.profile? It would be better if the music play
> only once per turn on, not every successfull login.

As I understand it, if Bash is your default shell and ~/.bash_profile
exists, ~/.profile will not be read, although one could source
~/.profile from ~/.bash_profile.  If ~/.bash_profile doesn't exist, then
~./profile will be read.  Someone will likely chime in if I got that

Otherwise, if you only want it to play at system start rather than at
each login, you could call the player from /etc/rc.local.  Just include
the command line above the 'exit 0' line.  :-)

- Nate >>