Re: High PCI Adapter Temperature

On 10/25/2012 12:06 AM, Zhong wrote:
> The problem is, high temperature readings only occur in Debian but not evident in Windows. So I suspect that it's not a hardware issue but due to my video card driver. CPU usage were low on debian despite the fan continually blew for extended periods.

This has come up before, and yes it is a software issue.  You might find
the answer in the list archives.  In that thread I recall beating on the
industry for putting laptop/desktop fan speed control in the hands of
the BIOS/OS instead of using closed loop feedback hardware circuits,
which are both cheap and easy to implement.

--
Stan