Screenshots

I am having trouble finding a screenshot program which will do what I want.

I often take shots from websites featuring old homes -- the problem is the software I have been using (scrot) sometimes has trouble grabbing the keyboard so that I can select a portion of a webpage. It does however do the second thing I need...automatic naming of the files.

ImageMagicks import commmand seems to work better to select a portion of the page...but it needs a new file name for each shot..which makes it a little awkward.

Does anyone have suggestions...perhaps a batch file to rename the files after they've been taken ?

--
Cheers
Frank