Re: Installing Debian on Windows 7 machine?

John Hasler wrote:
Hugo writes:
I wouldn't bother buying a complete system. I built my own.

I build my own systems too, when I don't recycle $10 yard-sale boxes. However, he may need (or even want!) Windows, in which case a complete
system may be significantly cheaper.

On the other hand I've heard that the best way to run Windows is in a VM
under Linux.  Is there any way to migrate a pre-installed copy of
Windows into a VM?

I'd love to know. One system on our local net needs windows in order to talk to the ISP (Telmex): they will only talk to you if you have windows installed. Although they yet have to solve anything in 3 years with several week-long outages.

Hugo