Re: A puzzle with internet time and NIST time

On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 09:49 +0200, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
> cheap ones (20 - 40 EUR/USD)

Radio-controlled table clocks cost less than 9,- EUR some time ago, at a
German discounter.

End of 2009 I bought a power meter for 9.99 EUR from a German
discounter. I've got reasonable doubt that the measuring accuracy is
that exact as the specifications do claim.

The scientific pocket calculator I bought from discounters always failed
very soon, but they are able to do everything an expensive scientific
calculator from the stone age I own can do, while being 30 times
cheaper. Today's branded calculators that perhaps can do more, are
around 8 times more expensive. I don't know how long those do last.

Discounters sell crap.

YMMV,
Ralf