Re: Listen to audio..........

>    I have a CD with just audio only tracks, not music, just people
>    speaking. They are lectures.
>
> I don't know what extension they have, but VLC won't touch them and
> neither will totem.
>
> Could anyone please tell me what package I need to be able to listen to
> these audio files.

How about some more information?
What version of Debian are you running?
Are you sure that the disc is a CD and not a DVD????
Can you play other CDs (is the drive working properly?)?
Can you mount this CD and view a list of the files on it?  If not, what
specific errors do you get?
Can you use a ripping program to rip the tracks to .mp3 or .wav files?