Re: Evolution: A warning about mbox data corruptions

On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 05:59 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> You didn't notice this yourself in recent years and you're aware of the
> GNU General Public License's disclaimer of warranty ;).
>
> Don't get me wrong, I would be pissed off too.
Yeah I know... guess I came down a bit over the night.

I fully know what opensource is about... and that there are no
warranties.

But I mean... this is so basic functionality (i.e. not corrupting your
mails) that one could have expected them to ever check what they
actually do... or perhaps even maintain some test suite.

Moreover, this fits so perfectly in the general philosophy problems
GNOME and especially also Evolution have... these guys really need to be
slapped IMHO to wake up and reconsider their way of doing things.

Cheers,
Chris.