Re: A puzzle with internet time and NIST time

* Helmut Wollmersdorfer <helmut.wollmersdorfer@fixpunkt.de> [121016 12:12]:

> My experience with radio clocks is that they have cheap electronic
> components failing to work after some time.

Unless you have more than one "atomic clock" and both agree,
the first thing to do is remove the battery from the clock for several
seconds, in order to force the clock to resynchronize.  If the radio
receiver has ceased to function, the clock is not going to restart
until you press the BYPASS switch (at which time the clock is just
another quartz clock).

I agree with Helmut.  Almost all of the "Sky Scan Atomic Clock" units
which I purchased over the years from Sam's Club (WalMart) appear to
be of very poor quality and short longevity.  Only one or two still
are running, and on those the second hand stopped long ago.

RLH