Re: Dymo 450 ejects label on login

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 05:47:07PM -0600, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> The issue is as above:  new machine running xfce4 desktop, with two
> printers attached.  One of them is an Epson Workforce 645, the other is
> a Dymo 450 label printer.  The Epson is, of course, the default printer
> on the system.

Is the Dymo attached as a standard printer (that is, you have an entry
in CUPS and you can print to it from any normal application) or (being a
label printer), does it just show up as a character device that prints
out any data sent to that device?

If the former, check the CUPS logs to see if there's a stuck job,
perhaps. If the latter, something is presumably sending a form-feed to
the device. Does this happen if you create a new user and log-in to
their desktop? Does it happen if you log in at a VT and run startx?