Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 22:41 -0400, Joe Zien wrote:
> debian squeeze does not use grub legacy.
> I would suggest you try mepis 11  and install grub legacy in the MBR.
> It would automatically create menu.lst in /boot/grub and add all
> operating systems
> in menu.lst.

It's no big deal to use another bootloader with Squeeze too. I bet mepis
wouldn't automatically add all my Linux or it would add some Linux that
aren't installed anymore. This is what those automations usually do on
my computer. Because those auto-thingies already fail to handle a Linux
only multi-boot, I suspect it won't be better for the OP's computer with
non-Linux operating systems.