Re: Running 32bit OpenGL program with amd64

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 02:58:50PM +0200, lee wrote:
> Francesco Pietra <chiendarret@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello:
> > I would like to continue to use a 32bit graphical program based on
> > OpenGL. It worked well on i386, requiring libXm.so.3 (from libmotif3).
> >
> > Is it conceivable to simply add libXm.so.3 (taken from my dismissed
> > i388 PC) to ia32-libs?
>
> If you're running stable, it might work if all dependencies are
> fulfilled.  You could try it out ...  In testing, 32bit support is
> broken, and ia32-libs seems to be deprecated in favour of brokenarch.
                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^

Please reconsider your public disparaging of the hard work of many
people over many years.  It's not helpful or productive.  If you
have found a corner case where multi-arch is not working for you,
then please file bugs appropriately.  Multi-arch is working extremely
well for everyone else, and it is already a massive improvement upon
the status quo.  If you have nothing positive to contribute, then
consider not saying it at all.

Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh