Re: Recurring email messages in IceDove and I'm feeling deja vu

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 08:24:50 -0500
Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:
> Is this familiar to anyone?  What's going on?

I'm not using any Mozilla and when I did, I didn't use IMAP. I tried
IMAP and Maildir with other MUAs, but it always does cause issues. I'm
subscribed to the Wanderlust mailing list and very often read about
comparable issues. When I tested Maildir with and without
IMAP everything was ok, but suddenly without any add I got several
thousand mails doubled offline for the MUA.

I'm using POP/SMPT again, but stay with Maildir. Maildir is
tricky. I'm using Evolution's Maildir, sharing mails among several
Evolution clients on different installs. I don't have issues anymore,
but I only can share this Maildir among Evolution, Maildir for other
MUAs seems to differ from Evolutions "interpretation".

YMMV,
Ralf